Monday, February 22, 2010

Birds, Birds, Birds

I love the winter, but after all this snow and cold, I’m getting pretty excited for the spring. A recent scan through facebook confirms that most of you are too.

In anticipation of afternoon park rendezvous, farmer’s market trips, and storing winter clothes far, far away, it’s never to early to start thinking about fun spring designs! I'm a big sucker for incorporating furniture and accessories that are nature themed. One of my new favorite designs is the use of birds. Check out some of the fun and funky items I've come across!


The use of industrial wire with the brightly colored ceramic birds is fantastic! To top it off, I'd add a vintage style light bulb with exposed metal (below).





Combining both texture and nature, these wooden napkin rings from Z-Gallerie are sure to be a conversation starter at any dinner party.



Add a Scandinavian approach by incorporating a wooden mobile like this one from Anthropologie - your living room or kid’s room will have a fun, almost whimsical feel.

 

The bright spring colors for this dishcloth would be perfect in a vintage kitchen mixing the old with the new.


I love incorporating abstract art into all styles. Especially if you're spending a good chunk of change, you are going to want your visitors to notice your design style!


I wish I saw these when I was writing my "Destination Organization" post! I love finding funky new folders, and while these don't include the same witty comments, they are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment